Friday, June 4, 2010

Walmart Static Car Window Tint



I am not obsessed with car window tinting. It's all because of the window tinting I had on my previous car. It was old and not properly maintained by previous owner. The color of the tinting faded away and some portion of it was cracked. It was very hard to see in night time and even day time, too.

When I was on a 4000 miles long road trip, somehow I decided to remove the tint film myself. one of real idiot things I've done in my life. So I went to walmart to get a tint film removal kit. I went into a forest near by(I don't know why, but I thought it's better than the walmart parking lot), and I started. Without knowing how to, it ended up taking 2 hours to remove that tint film. Two hours includes getting scared by people doing bow shooting practice right by me (I mean the target was by me and bow shooters were far away) and by thumb sized flies that were biting me.

So I don't like tinting since then. The last summer in seattle was very hot and I couldn't stand driving under direct sunlight, but I didn't want tinting. So I went to walmart  to see if they have anything that does not stick to window glass permanently, and I found one that used static. It worked, but it looked very cheap. The one I got was 5% I believe.

I know it looks bad, but you can remove it anytime you are embarrassed with it.

3 comments:

  1. That's why nowadays I am finding life time guaranteed and affordable window tinting kits and really useful information who are new to this field like me because I am buying my new car and this my first one .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll dive right into a engine or transmission, but that tinting $hit is a nightmare I stay away at all cost! bad experience very bad experience :'(

    ReplyDelete

  3. We provide leading services in Car Tinting, Home Window Tinting, Office tinting paint protection and Car protection packages, in Penrith Sydney Australia.

    Car tinting Penrith

    ReplyDelete